- Positive Behavior Supports CED WVU
provides strategies to address challenging behaviors for West Virginia residents with an intellectual/developmental disability, traumatic brain injury, and/or a serious emotional disturbance.
- WV Department of Education Positive Behavior Intervention Support Resources
positive behavior intervention services for in the school setting.
Resource for supports for West Virginians that are accessible online and within communities.
- Positive Behavior Support Program
The Positive Behavior Support (PBS) Program helps families address challenging behavior and helps increase quality of life
- Kids Mental Health Information Portal
Provides information on a variety of children’s mental health disorders.
- Managing Problem Behavior at Home from Child Mind
Article breaks down PBS in non-clinical steps with detailed examples
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
provides articles and resources for utilizing Positive Behavior Support at school and home.
- Centers for Leadership in Disability
offers positive behavior support learning modules, articles, and resources for parents and providers.
- Positive Parent Child Relationships
Understanding family engagement outcomes: research to practice series that addresses building positive parent to child relationships
- Home and Community Positive Behavior Support
A non-profit organization dedicated to expanding and enhancing the application of PBS principles across home and community settings, contexts, and the lifespan for people with behavioral challenges
- Home and Community Positive Behavior Support 2
Article on ways to “catch kids being good” as a positive behavior technique
- Empowering Parents
Article on finding what behaviors are triggering set off your child.
- Resources for Teaching Kids About Emotional Regulation and Meditation
Website with information on how to teach children emotional regulation to help children learn how to identify and understand feelings. Emotion regulation helps children understand their relationships with others.