Adverse Childhood Experiences
IntroductionAdverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are common adversities faced before the age of 18 that increase the risk for negative health outcomes. This course introduces ACEs, describes the risk and protective factors associated with them, and how such encounters impact a person throughout the lifespan. The course also explores resilience, a cultivated trait that combats ACEs.
- • Identify adverse childhood experiences
- • Describe negative health outcomes linked to ACEs
- • Define Toxic Stress
- • Discuss Risk and Protective Factors
- • Define Resilience
- • Discuss How to Cultivate Resilience
- • Reference Self-Care and its Importance
The following are courses for both families and providers. Choose the modules that more closely reflect you and your interest. For instance, if you are a provider and registered as such, click the series for providers. If you are a family member and have a different connection to this topic, choose the series for families.