- WV Perinatal Partnership
The work of the Partnership is centered on the goal of improving health outcomes for pregnant women and their babies in West Virginia
- New app offers remote connection, resources for those struggling with substance use disorder | WVU Today | West Virginia University
Through a partnership between West Virginia University and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, anyone struggling with substance use can access CHESS Health’s Addiction Management Platform, which uses evidence-based technology to aid in intervention, treatment and recovery and beyond.
- WIN West Virginia Foundation – WIN (Women and Infant Narcotic Rehabilitation Program) West Virginia Foundation, Inc. delivers judgement-free, comprehensive medical care with hope and compassion. Through our expert, multidisciplinary team we give mothers and their children the bright future that they deserve.
- Family-Centered Treatment for Women with Substance Use Disorders: History, Key Elements and Challenges
Paper from SAMSHA on family-centered treatment for women with Substance Use Disorder
- Funding Family-Centered Treatment for Women with Substance Use Disorders
Paper from SAMSHA that identifies and discusses potential sources of funding for comprehensive family-centered treatment
- Federal Waiver to Treat Substance Use
Article reviewing new services and treatment options that are available to Medicaid recipients with substance use disorder in West Virginia as a result of the West Virginia 1115 Substance Use Disorder Waiver
- HRSA’s Home Visiting Program: Supporting Families Impacted by Opioid Use and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Handbook explaining how the family unit is affected by opioid use and provides information on successful interventions
- New treatment guidance issued for pregnant and parenting mothers with opioid use disorder and their infants
New evidence based clinical guide explaining how to properly treat pregnant and parenting mothers with opioid use and their infants
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
Resource Guide providing a brief introduction to medication-assisted treatment and provides additional resources for further learning
- Mother to Baby Fact Sheets
Fact sheets providing to answer common questions about pregnancies that involve substance exposure
- Approaches to Supporting Families Affected by Opioid Use
Webpage providing numerous resources that can be used to further help families who have been impacted by opioid use
Glossary providing appropriate words and definitions pertaining to addiction
- Opioid Use Disorder and Pregnancy: Taking helpful steps for a healthy pregnancy [Factsheet]
Factsheet providing tips about what to do and not to do during pregnancy for mothers with opioid use disorder
website developed by bringing together experts in substance misuse treatment from leading nonprofit, academic, and government institutions developed by bringing together experts in substance misuse treatment from leading nonprofit, academic, and government institutions.
Substance Use Screening Videos
Short role playing videos on different screenings
Substance Exposed Newborns
Multidisciplinary training on developmental effects, trauma, addition, recovery, treatment and more
- Substance Use Curriculum for home visitors on dealing with substance misuse in families
Informational Bulletin: Guidance to Improve Care for Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome and Their Families
This bulletin also discusses available financing options under the Medicaid program and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and several other topics.
Approaches to Supporting Families Affected by Opioid Use (SAMHSA).
Guide of innovative ways to support families affected by substance use
National Child Traumatic Stress Network
Network for resources, education, and support for families and children
National Rural Social Work Caucus
Organization focused on meeting the challenges of social work in rural communities
Prevention of Substance Abuse with Rural Head Start Children and Families
Results of Project STAR – Journal article by Kaminski et al.
Rural Health Information Hub
Site for national resources on rural health information, education, supports, and resources
Choosing between Buprenorphine and Methadone
YouTube video highlighting the differences in each medicine and suggestions on how to choose the right medicine
Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center
Substance Misuse During Pregnancy: Interactive Materials for Home Visitors
Resources to learn more about addiction and approaches to reducing addiction to a variety of substances.
Resources for families coping with mental and substance use disorders
Finding treatment options in your area
A confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance use/addiction and/or mental health problem
What is Substance Abuse Treatment? A booklet for families
Brochure for family members of people living with substance use disorders
SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders
Want to quit smoking? Review of FDA-approved products
Opioid and Substance Use Resources including MAT
- Supporting People with Disabilities and Opioid Use Disorder: A Guide for Providers
The NIDILRR-funded project INROADS: Intersecting Research on Opioid Misuse, Addiction, and Disability Services has published Supporting People with Disabilities and Opioid Use Disorder: A Guide for Providers (PDF). Written in clear, straightforward language, the one-page guide provides tips and suggestions for healthcare providers to ensure that patients’ rights, dignity, and autonomy are respected when receiving treatment for their chronic pain and opioid use disorder. The Supporting People with Disabilities and Opioid Use Disorder: A Guide for Providers is also available in large-print (PDF).
- Caring for Women with Opioid Use Disorder: A Toolkit for Organization Leaders and Providers
Toolkit from HRSA’s Office of Women’s Health provides resources and information for organization leaders and providers of women with opioid use disorder.
- Promoting Access to Care for Women of reproductive Age with Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder in Rural Communities
Brief from AMCHP on access to care for women with SUD in rural areas.
Alcohol and Substance-Exposed Pregnancy Prevention: trainings, resources, and tools
Website with trainings, resources, and tools to increase understanding of fetal exposure to alcohol and other drugs
Helping an adult family member or friend with a drug or alcohol addiction
Website with question and answers to help with drug problems
- Substance Abuse Treatment: Addressing the Specific Needs of Women. A Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) 51
Need more resources? Check out our Substance Abuse Resources for Families.